Tuesday, August 22, 2006

DAY 56

All I really had to do today was run a couple of errans. The first was to go to Ritz and pick up the 5 reciepes that I have to study for my exam, the next I had to got back to the Indian Embassay and pick up my passport, and third to go and get my tickets for Germany. I wanted to go to the embassy first, since it was the farthest away, but since you can't pick up passports till 4pm i went to the Ritz first. I arrive at the Ritz and go to the school's offices. Now normally they give you the paper with the receipe names on it after class a week before the exam. But since I don't have class this week I had to come get it myself. I get to the offices and they say they can't find it anywere and that the folder they keep them in doesn't have them. Well to make a long story short, I had totally forgot about the last week of August and that there was still that week before my exam (which is the first week of September). Well we laughed it off and then I left to go back, for what felt like the up-teenth time, to the Indian Embassy. This time I didn't get a ticket. You see When picking up your passport, it is on a first come- first serve basis, so I had to wait in line for about an hour or so before I got my passport back. Then off to the train station. I get to the train station and find a short line, this was only possible since there were many lines to begin with. When it is my turn to go to the counter I take out my EuroPass info and tell the teller that I need a ticket for Aachen, Germany for tomorrow. While waiting for him to find a ticket to my place, date, and times I thought that since I don't know when the next time I will be in Germany is that I should do a little tourist time as well. Since I didn't have to be in Paris the following week I thought that I should stay a couple more night in Germany. Instead of spending them in Aachen, more since I was already going to be there for about a week anyways and I could do touristy things in the evenings after the horse show had ended for the day. So I asked the teller how much it was on my EuroPass to go to Berlin. Since it was only $20 extra I told him the dates that I wanted to go, paid, and then took the metro home. Once I got back home I organized my little space and then packed for Germany.