Wednesday, August 23, 2006

DAY 57

Ok, so today was all about leaving the country, normally that sounds like a big thing, but for some reason it sound so big just now. Anyways I slept in, got up, dressed and ready for my trip and then took the metro to the main train station. First though I went down to the post office to send Zoe's late birthday present then went to the train. So nothing really exciting happened today. Got to the train station with no hassels leaving me a couple of minutes to get on the train. Once setled I got some lunch from the food car, this mashed potato with duck thing and, of course, a kit kat. The train from Paris to Aachen was about 3 or so hours. On the way we had a major stop in Brussels, Belgium and then a shorter one in Liège-Guillemins, Belgium before stopping in Aachen. I got to the train station in Aachen and found the taxis. I took one to my hoel were it dropped me off in a more residential area. When he told me, in his very little English, that this was the address that I had given him, I didn't say anything, but I was like what the hotel is actually a house or something. So I get out of the taxi and start looking around not seeing anything that looked remotely like a hotel or anything other than someone's private home. I then decide to look down the street, more to look for a taxi then the hotel, which I was starting to give up on. But then there at the end of the block, like a glowing halo, was my hotel even with a big sign infront saying so. I got up to my room and took a little nap. When I woke up and took the bus into the center of town. Here I walked around a little bit till I saw a movie theater and decided to go since 1. my feet were really tired of all the walking and 2. it was starting to get late so most of the tourist things were closing anyway. After the movie, which was Just My Luck (I know, I know, but it was the, and really mean the, only movie playing that I hadn't seen yet even if I didn't want to see it either) I went back to the hotel and went to sleep so I would be well rested for the next full day of fun!!


**********PICTURES FROM THE BRUSSELS TRAIN STATION**********

the sign some random building