Wednesday, July 26, 2006

DAY 29

I get to school with out being beastly hot, which was a first. Today was a little overcast in the sky, still sunnny and blue, but just enough to cool the temperature down a bit. The first thing we worked on was the Duchesse Praliné and Delices Pistache. We were split into to groups each with one of the recipes, of course we would later switch and make the recipe that we hadn't all ready made for the second batch. Suprising both recipes went realy well. I especially like the part when we, well me to be precise, had to put the special food coloring for the pistachio dough to make it the right color green. I felt like I was some sort of witch or something, you know brewing in her little cauldren. I also liked the part when we were cooling down the choclate we had to spred it back and forth. It was like being at Murdick's Fudge on the Vineyard watching them spread out the out fudge before cooling and then cutting it. While both recipes were in the oven we quickly whipped up the mixture (I say mixture instead of batter because there is no dough) for the Sesame Caprise. While the "cookies" were cooling off from the oven we each pipped chocolate on the Ritz sheet and then lay a "cookie" on each one. I also had a lot of chocolate-y fun when drizzling the chocolate over the Duchesse Pralinés, lots and lots of fun :) See the chocolate-y goodness fun