Thursday, July 27, 2006

DAY 30

I got to the kitchen right when class was starting toaday. This was because when I was getting my metro tickets the guy in front of my was taking forever. Because of the long wait I took a later train which by the time I arrived at the Ritz I only had a couple of minutes to change into my uniform. Today we made Financier Citron and Financier Chocolate et Griottines. While the pastry part of both desserts were in the oven, we all took a couplle of the vegetables and started cutting them. If your wondering why we are cutting up vegetable in a pastry class it is because a Patissier, originally means someone who works with dough, which also means it doesn't have to be sweet or a dessert. While other people were cutting up the vegetables for the Gaspacho, me and this other girl got assigned to the fruit for Gelée de café au mascarpone. While she cut the pineapples and ginger, I zested the skin and juiced the inside of the oranges. After working on that for a while we went back to the first teo desserts. When we were all done putting the lemon cream on top of the little tarts we got to lick the spatula and bowl, which is like an unwritten rule, LOL. We then had some fun putting the choclate drizzle on top of the lemon cream. Of course we made a little too much so there was enough afterwards to have a little art class. I drew many things like flowers, suns, cartoon animals, and even wrote some things like my name, etc... in all these cool fonts, and then I got to eat it (the best part). One other thing that I enjoyed doing was eating the leftover Grand Manier cherries from the Financier Chocolate et Griottines, and getting a little tipsy, hehe! Drizzling chocolate on the Financier Citron


See the making of....