Monday, July 24, 2006

DAY 27

So I’ve discovered that my travel alarm clock needs a new battery. I found this out when I woke this morning, thankfully, to see that it was a couple hours off and it’s minute actually was two minutes, I timed this with my clock on my iPod and on my camera. So I was glad that I woke up this morning instead of 6am at 6:10am. While getting dressed and packing back up what I took out last night I thought that I should’t be mad at my alarm clock because it has had the same battery in it for the last 5 or 6 years. Well anyway I got all ready and went down the bigillion stairs put my key in the box next to the stairs and walked outside. Thankfully the train station was only across the street so when I boarded the train I still had about 20min to spare. I eat breakfast from the bag of food that I bought last night from Sainsbury's. After reading and finishing my book about halfway through the trip I took a nap and was asleep until a little bit before arriving in Paris. I get off the EuroStar train and make my way through the terminal to the metro trains. I’m sitting on the metro and thinking that just yesterday I was just thinking how I wanted to be on this train going home so I could go to sleep. I arrive at my apartment and have some time before I have to go to the Ritz Hotel for school. But I decide that if I take a nap now I probably won’t wake up till it’s to late, so I put my bag in my room went to the bathroom and left. I got to the hotel about 1 ½ hrs early so it went to the lilttle café at the front of the hotel and wanted to get something lite to eat before class but you had to have a reservation to get a seat, even though there were like 6 people in the whole place. So instead I just went to the bar and order a drink. A couple minutes later my Sex on the Beach came along with my ice water, the sun was out and backing everyone alive. While waiting for my drink the waitress served me some mixed nuts. Now that i’m here writing this it sounds pretty funny eating nuts while having Sex on the Beach. Anyways back to reality, I finished my drink and took the service elevator down to the kitchen floor. Got a clean uniform and went into the ajioning parlor, put my head down and sleep till it’s time for class. I got this weeks recipe book and instead of having just French and English, it also had Japanese. It was kind of cool having a multi-language cookbook. Anyway today we made Sweet Short Pastry, Eclaire Caroline (a kind of éclaire if you had guessed already), Beignet amande (a small little almond flavored pastry, with candied orange in the center and pine nuts and some kind of crystalized sugar frosting thing on top). We also made some brownies, french style, which is simliar but still different than the kind you would make at home. Of course while these lovely little delights were in the oven we cleaned off the counter and had our tea and coffee break. Today though instead of reagular hot black tea, we had ice peach tea, it was very good and normally I don’t like ice tea. After class I took the metro home and unpacked and just hung out around the apartment till I went to sleep.

SEE WHAT I'VE MADE