Sunday, July 23, 2006

DAY 26

I wake up around 10ish after having a restful night sleep I got up and packed up all my things went down to the first floor and checked out. I put my luggage in the luggage room right next to the front desk and walked out to the curb to catch the bus to the airport to get on the Underground metro. I take the Bakerloo line to Picadilly Circus were I got off to go to the movies. The first theatre that I found was in this 4 floot acarde place (see pic for this day). After getting out of the movie, which was The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift, watching the movie I was looking at all the different scenery in Tokyo thinking that i'm going to be there in April it just got me more excited about going to Japan. Anyway I took the Underground back to the airport then the bus back to the hotel to pick up my bags. Then back traking even more took the bus back to the airport then took the Underground to London Waterloo station to catch my EuroStar train back to Paris. The train that was taking me from Paddington station to Waterloo instead of taking 15min to get there it took 1 1/2hr. This was because they were doing work on the tracks so just like on the highway and cars there were the same amount of trains but less tracks in service. Well because of this I missed my train, which happend to be the last train to Paris that day. So I booked a seat on the first train out in the morning. I went got some dinner to go from a small little café and then went to the information desk and asked about hotels. The lady said that there was actually a hotel across the street and to the lest of the station, just go outside and I would see it. So I follow her directions and find the hotel, the funny thing was that it was also a bar. The same place that you order drinks was also the registration, I felt I should be in a movie or something, you know going up to the bar and getting a room. I get my key after having a difficult time paying for the room, my visa I guess has a limit on how much you can spend in a day or something, because the ATM said I had money but it wouldn't give me any of it. Can I just say that I think that's more annoying than not having any money on the card in the first place. Then I remembered that I got a new visa before I left the states for exactly this reason, so problem solved I went up to my room. Well just like anyother old boarding house in London the stairs are narrow and lots of them. I went up like 7 flights of stairs, which were also kind of steep to my room. After colling off a little bit from them walk up the stairs while also carrying a 45lbs bag went outside and down the street a bit to Sainsbury's, which is a grocery store, and picked up some food for right now and also for breakfast, since I would be leaving before the hotel/bar started serving breakfast. I went back to my room and watched some TV while eating some food before going to sleep.

TO VISIT LONDON