Wednesday, November 15, 2006

DAY 141

Today we actually had really good weather, nice and hot. Today I spent the whole day in the bathrooms, and not for the reason you think. Let me explain, the bathrooms are brick and the cemcent part is painted white, so the bathrooms have a very unfriendly and industrial feel to them. So today Theresa and I worked on the bathroom to make it a little less industrial looking and feeling. We first took everthing off the walls like the toilet paper holders and the towl racks. We then went on sanding the whole place, which actually wasn't that bad. First off it's only a three stall bathroom and second we had found this electric sanding in the tool shed, so it didn't takethat much effort, more the time it took to do everything. Afterthis we had to wash all the walls, the worst part was the windowsills, damn those things were dirty. They looked like they werepainted a light brown/creamy off white color, but really they were painted a snow white color. We then go to do the fun part, after painting the wall, the one that had nothing on it just a painwall this pretty med-dark rose color. We then took this color and painted the rest of the walls, including inside the bathroom stalls, and only the bottom half. While the paint was starting to drywe took some of the color and mixed it with some white, so as to make the same color, but just a couple shades lighter. We then applied this color to the upper half of the walls, and with only a couple little spills, thankfully we still had to put on another coat so it was fine. Since it was so muchspace that had been painted, it took a while for it to dry. One thing that did happen while painting in the stalls, was that we couldn't get the ladder around the toilet, because of space, so it wasn't that stable. In the mist of painting the top corner of the stall, which ment that all my weight was at one end of the ladder, I had a almost fall, but saved myself by putting my hands on the wall. Ofcourse this was the wall that I had just finished painting. Which ment that I got paint all over my self. It definately made for a good laugh. I spent so much time in the shower trying to get the paintoff. By the time I got out I looked like a raisin, LOL. After dinner I watched In Justice, which is like a combo of CSI and Law & Order put together; very good show.

§§§ PICTURES COMING §§§