Friday, November 10, 2006

DAY 136

I woke up at like 4:45am this morning, not because I wanted to, it was because I had forgotten to close the windows last night. So when I had moved and some of my leg had gotten out from
underneath the covers I got this huge burst of chill. It was this
intense, sharp chill that quickly crept up my spine and waking me up completely. Since I still had a while till I actually had to get out of bed I just staid in bed and did that weird half sleep when you wake up a couple minutes before your alarm and you can’t get back to sleep since you know it’s just about to go off and are just waiting for it. It was sooooooo cold today at the zoo. I had on pajama pants underneath sweatpants, then on top had a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and then my Barbour jacket; then lastly on my feet I had on a thick pair of sock while wearing my UGG boots. Now that’s what I call a cold spell. This is supposed to be Africa man, WTF!!!! So today was filled up by gardening. Around all the cages there is a fence that goes around the fence that keeps the animals in, and then in that space between the two fences are small gardens. My job today was to make them pretty. I first had to run around to all of them taking out all the weeds and dead plants. Some of those weeds took a while since they were thick and deeeeep. Then had to nicely take out some of the plants that would be moving into some of the cages. After which I made the space nice and pretty straightening out the rows or planting new plants in the blank spaces. By the time lunch came around I had just finished. So I stopped for lunch and enjoyed the time with Theresa and Cheryl and of course Tea Garden birds. After lunch I finished with the gardens and then went around with the plants that were going to be replanted in the cages, and planted them. I then helped feed some of the animals and went back to Guinea Fowl Lodge.


§§§ PICTURES COMING §§§