Monday, October 02, 2006

DAY 97

I wok up today feeling a little bit more refreshed from all the sleep that I had gotten. After getting myself I went out to FNAC, which is the French version of Barnes & Noble, to get some books o read, that were of course in English. Afterwards going to get some breakfast, but of course right when I stepped into the cafe the little lightbulb in my head reminding me it was Yom Kippur. You know how hard it is to be in a cafe and be hungry and then have to leave, without eating anything, I'll tell you this much, IT'S VERY HARD. So since I had to finish catching up on my blog I spent the rest of the day at the internet cafe doing so. The only funny thing about today is that the guy at the front desk of the internet cafe kept coming back at lookng at me funny. At one point he asked if I was hungry or thirsty, to which in my head I was screaming YES, YES, I'M VERY HUNGRY AND THIRSTY. Though the thought of trying to explain, to someone who knew very little English, that I was fasting today, and why I was fasting. By the time I was finishing up for the day, after being on the computer 9 hrs straight, he came back and gave me a bottle of water, thankfully I could drink it, beacuse it had been dark for a little it now. Afterwards I got a quick bite to eat before catching a movie. I watched El Viento que agita la cebada, or in English The Wind That Shakes The Barley. It was some movie that one some awards at the Cannes Film Festival and had Cillian Murphy in it :)

MADRID