Sunday, October 01, 2006

DAY 96

Today was lovely, nice and relaxing and not stressful. I wake up at some time, but I woke up naturally and not by alarm clock. Then I hung around my room watching TV and being on the internet until about 1 1/2 hours before check out were I packed and got dressed, I think I could have gotten an award for the amount of time it took me...... let's just say that I took my sweet old time. While waiting for my driver to pick my up I walked around the hotel and outside as well, of things that I had forgotten to take pics of before. I then take the car the 30 min it takes to get to the hotel in Madrid. I take my stuff to my room and plop down on my bed, even though I woke up about 9-10ish I was still very tired, well that's could be due in part to the late night Jeri and I had just talking and saying good bye to each other, so I took a nice long nap and woke up kind of hungry and also I needed to go to the train station to get me train ticket to Lisboa, Portugal. At the train station I go and get my number and sit down and wait for what seems like forever. Well since i'm hungry and i'm only seeing numbers for the internet sales ( the 300's) and domestic sales (the 700's) and no international sales (the 900's) I go to one of these little cafes in the main part of the train station. Well it took forever to get my food and pay, I won't get mad since there were soooooo many people, and it wasn't like they were short handed or anything. Bu even so it took forrrrrreeeevvvveeeeerrrrrrr, by the time I had gotten back to the ticket area they had already passed my number.......funny that...... so I go and get another ticket and thankfully this time there was only 2 numbers in front of me. So I wait for like 15 or so minutes and then get up to the counter. Well when its time to pay I realize that I had left my credit card back at the hotel, and I was like f*** I just spent all this time waiting to get my tickets and I can't pay for them now (if your wondering how I paid for my meal I had a little cash on me but not €30) thankfully, while looking through my wallet, I found some travelers cheques and since this a train station, with things like AMEX boths. I went and gave them my AMEX cheques and then got some € back, it was very exciting, excpet for the fact that the dollar sucks. When I gave the lady $150 she gave me €96.40 back and they didn't even charge me for anything since I was using American Express travlers cheques, that was just a straight exchange over. Anyways, I had to deal with it, so I went back to the ticket counter handed the guy my money, he gave me my ticket, and then I was on my merry little way out of there. Once on the street I decided that I wanted to go to the movie theater and watch a movie on the big screen since I hadn't done that in a while and I was in the mood for somthine like that. So I start walking down this major road thinking eventually I will get to a movie theater. Well after a couple of blocks I decided to just go into one of the many hotels and ask for directions. Well I picked the right hotel too, because not only did the guy at the front desk bring out a map and show me where the 3 closest movies theaters were but also brought out the movie listings from the paper and gave them to me to not only look at, but to keep :) I take the metro to were i'm supposed to go to and then walk to the movie theater were I decided on Click since Ive seen most of the movies already (they came out last month in France). Afterwards I went back to my hotel and fell asleep until about 11:30 and I woke up really hungry, so I put on my shoes and went on a treasure hunt for a fast, cheap place to eat that wasn't like McD's or something. I was hungry, but not that hungry.


See The Town!!