Tuesday, October 24, 2006

DAY 119

I woke up, w/o an alarm clock I might add, and had a nice leisurely breakfast. It was so nice walking up at whatever time I wanted. While I ate breakfast Marnie goes over the orientation papers concerning everything and anything about the project. Afterwards I quickly pack up the couple of things that I had taken out of my bag and then Marnie and I head over to Guinea Fowl Lodge. Guinea Fowl Lodge is the name of the place that I will be staying at for the next month. Now I know the name makes it sound all grandeur and all, but it’s not all that. Ok, now I’m making it sound like it’s a piece of shit. Ok, here it is, there is the main house with sort of a mother-in-law apartment attached to it, (which is where I stayed). Then across the driveway there is one large room, separated into two smaller ones, which is the laundry room and storage. Then if you walk a little away there is another building, which is like two small houses attached to each other. The place runs like a small B&B and usually the guests that come through are business people who are attending a conference or something. You will get the occasional tourist like me, but that’s like once in a blue moon. Anyways, after dropping my stuff in my room Marnie and I head over to the zoo. We arrived at Lory Park Zoo around lunchtime. After meeting Renee, who she and Flea would be the two people looking in on me, I sort of shadowed her for the rest of the day (being all 3hrs of it). Helping do this and that, and feeding some of the animals, etc… At 4:30pm we were done for the day, at which point Renee took me back to Guinea Fowl Lodge. I then spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking and organizing everything till dinner. I ate dinner with the owners of the place Moira and Derek. After which I watched a little TV (cough, cough, CSI: Miami and Without a Trace, cough, cough) and then went to sleep, since I had to wake up at 6am the next morning.

§§§ PICTURES COMING §§§