Monday, August 28, 2006

DAY 62

So I woke up today and got ready, then went to the train station. I took the train to Koln, Germany were I had to switch trains. Since I had a couple hours I went outside to look around, I didn't go far. Across the steet was this cool looking cathedral, so since I had the time I went and checked it out. Afterwards I got on my new train and had a 5 or so hour journey to Berlin. On the way there we stopped in Wuppertal, Hagen, Hamm (Westfalen), Bielefeld, Hannover, and Lehrte, before reaching Berlin. I then took a taxi to my hotel and then changed and went down stairs for dinner. The hotel that I was staying at, the Raddison SAS Hotel, had this really good asain restaurant, so that's were I went (I took a couple pictures) The really cool thing about the hotel was the aquarium. The hotel was one of those hotel that is hollow in the middle, like a doughnut, and were you can see all the floors. In the middle though was this FREAKING HUGE aquarium, I found out that it is 32 feet tall (went from the second floor up till the 5 or 6 floor, 1 million litres of saltwater, 2,500 tropical fish, and the biggest cylindrical aquqrium in the world. I then spent the rest of the evening reading and watching TV and a movie.

sculpture at the Aachen train station


HOTEL PICS.....