Sunday, August 27, 2006

DAY 61

FEI WORLD EQUESTRIAN GAMES 2006: DAY 4

So since my feet were still sore from yesterday I went to the food tents and got all the food that I would need for the day so that I would not have to get up unless I wanted to. I get to my seat and sit down and get everything organized for today events, you know like get out the score sheets and and camera, and of course breakfast. Then a little bit later this couple come looking for their seats, I tell them it's right next to me. Here were it get funny. A couple of minutes later this other couple come and tell (looking at the couple next to me) that they are in their seats. We look at their tickets and it says that they are in row 23 and that this is 22. Then a small group of people come and try and find their seats in row 22, but then we see that one of the people her seat doesn't even exist. I mean the row just end at number right below it. We even look across the aile to see if the numbers continue up, they don't the number is 1. Then we figure out that they are in the wrong section. Then a little bit later some more people come saying (talking to the people sitting directly in front of us) that they are in their seats, we look at the tickets and see that they are correct and that the other people are in their seats in row 21. So then those people check there tickets and find that they were sitting in the correct seats just the wrong row, so they move down a row. But when they do that they bump the people out that were sitting there. After all this confusion we go get somebody who works at the horse show. In the end this is what worked out: we moved from our row 22 to the correct row 22, the people who had said that that couple next to me were in their seats (turns out they really were) took their seats in the correct row 23. Then the people who were supposed to be in the same number seats but row 21, went into the correct row and then the people they had bumped out moved down to their correct row of 20. That is why there were all the empty chairs in "row 19", because it was actually row 20. A little bit later more people came and were trying to find their seats, they found it on the first try, but they were sitting in the same numbers seats but row 23. As soon as they sat down there, all the rest of us (at the same time) all started laughing. They look at us funny and we explain what had just happened and that if they had come a couple of minutes earlier, they would have been able to experience a lovley round of "musical chairs". If you think that I am making this up, believe me I don't think even I could think of even thinking of this. Anyways you know what to do for the pictures.When I got back to the hotel I packed for Berlin, since I was leaving in the morning.



click on the FEI World Equestrian Games 2006 to see the pictures