Sunday, July 16, 2006

DAY 19

I wake up the next morning to the knock of the waiter from room service with my breakfast. I finish breakfast and go down the street from my hotel. I don't know were I got all this energy but I some how got this burst of energy and went on a very long walk exploring around the whole town. While walkinf down the street I passed this cute little church and across the street was this small park with a little garden in the front with a stream on the left side going down the length of the park. At the end of the block I turn left and walk, and walk, and walk. I walk so far that I leave the main center of town and even pass some houses and B&B's until all I see are some farms large fields. At this point I decide that I should turn around so if I get tierd I at least won't be that far from the hotel. I continue on the main road once I get back into the center of town and at the fork turn right go for a little while, still staying in town, and then went and walked down the street and took the left in the fork. At this point it was getting to be the middle of the afternoon. I headed back to the hotel and had some lunch in the restaurant. After lunch I went across the street to Adare Manor, which is now a hotel with a very big golf course and a equestrian center. Even though this was not the place that I would be riding at I still decided to go check it out. I ask the security guard which way to the barn and he points in the direction while saying that it's a fair walk. I walk for what seems forever, the scenery didn't help, because it was just this big field with hay bales drying, so you couldn't realy tell how much progress you had made. I eventually got to the barn and visited the horses for a while and then decided to go back. Instead of going back the way I had came I went on the only other road, that went in the direction of the manor, thankfully it did. By the time I had reached the front gates again I had gone around the entire golf course, passed the manor and the added on hotel, and then the walk from there to the front gate. After all this walking i'm quite hungary, so I change for dinner and head down stairs. I look over the menu and find that they serve duck, my most favorite thing in the world. As well as ordering the duck I also order a glass of cabernet sauvignon. I am very surprised when I am served the whole bottle of wine instead of a glass, but after eating dessert and looking at the bill they had only charged me for the glass. I am so excited for tomorrow I get to ride, which I haven't done since last May. I AM GOING TO BE SOOOOO SORE AFTER RIDING.