Thursday, November 23, 2006

DAY 149

iiiiiiiitttttttt's TURKEY DAY!!!!!!!!
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!

OMG, OMG, OMG, let me just tell you that today was soooooo busy, I don't even know how to tell you; but I'll try, LOL. I woke up and got off to a quick start, then Marnie and I went to the grocery store to get all the food for tonight.Now I realize that with normal people, they get the food before had, sometime in the days before. But no, we had to forget all about the day until the day. Well it did help that I was the only one remembering the day, since I 'm the only onewho celebrates it. At the grocery store Marnie and I go crazy, since being a culinary student, had to make everything byscratch. We get back to the house Marnie wishes me luck, which I need since I have to make a complete Thanksgivingfeast all by myself, all from scratch, without knowing the kitchen, and all in 3 1/2hrs. I was by myself doing all this sinceJeremy was at work, Marnie had to go to a meeting and our two guests weren't coming till later. Oh, did I mention that not only was I making this feast for me, Marnie and her family, but also two other people, one who I had never met.WOW, THANKS MARNIE FOR THE PRESSURE, THAT I DON'T NEED RIGHT NOW, just joking Marnie. I then get my recipes that I printed from my internet recipe box and then went to town on the food. I'm not going to go throught every detail about how everything was done because this is NOT the FOOD NETWORK, (LOL) though thatwould be cool f it was :) When it was getting towards the end and I just had a couple of more things left to do, peoplestarted showing up. We then made a party of it, so while I was in the kitchen finishing up and the table was being festivelyset up, we turned on some music danced around and had lots of fun. Besides the fast that I was in South Africa for the day, I think it will also be memorable, because of how much fun we had.When I had everything done and the only thing we were waiting for was the turkey to finish up, Ayron and I desided to make it more festive. We went into his room andgot out his colored paper. We made a Thanksgiving door sign, and Indian hats for everyone, 6 in all. Then to make it complete, we took out his facepainting crayons and made everyone's Indian look more complete. We then made a buffet of all the food that I had cooked and then sat down. Before eating we all went around the table and said somethng that we were thankful for.The best was when it was Ayron's turn, we asked him what he was thankful for and he then started saying his prayers, which just got everyone in stitches. To make the party even more of a party, we included a couple bottles of brut champagne, don't know what maker, but a least it was brut.while we were eating, they all had me tell them the story of the first Thanksgiving. Personally I think that their first Thanksgiving went really well. Oh, by the way this is everything that I made (remember everything was made from scratch, I even had to use a real pumpkin instead of canned, since they don't have canned pumpkin in South Africa): Herbed Turkey, Herbed Bread Stuffing, Gravy,Candied Sweet Potatoes (with orange, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc... yum,yum), Cranberry Sauce, Steamed Vegetables,Corn on the Cob, Sundried Tomato Rice Pilaf, Mixed Salad, Fruit Salad, Cinnamon Applesauce, Biscuits and then for dessert Pumpkin Pie (served with Vanilla Ice Cream). Oh, by the way that's 13 things in 3 1/2hrs BIATCHS!!!!

§§§ PICTURES COMING §§§