Wednesday, October 04, 2006

DAY 99

I woke up today and looked at my VERY large list of places I wanted to go see. To explain this list would be difficult, but lets just say most normal people would have taken out 2 maybe 3 days to do all the things that I did. The first thing I did though was go to this nearby restaurant and have a hearty breakfast for my big day. I then got on the bus and went to my first stop. I would have normally just taken the metro, because it's faster, but today was some national holiday so the metro was not in service and the buses were fewer. As the day would go on I would eventually give up on the buses to since there would be so much time in between them, time I did not have. Well Lisboa I think can officially say that it would win any constest with San Francisco on it's streets. Not only were they steep, but in some places windy, and in all place made either from cobblestone, or a mosaic thing, or the one's that were paved, the pavement was long, long over due for repair. Throught the day I visited the churches, monuments, government buildings, other building, like museums and theatres, etc... By the time I came home it was late and very dark, I had to use my BlackBerry as a flashlight. When I had gotten back to the hostel I had walked for 12 hours straight with the only time I sat down was the few moments that I was on the bus. Me feet hurt so bad that I tried to massage them and just lightly touching them hurt like hell. I then had to soak them in the bath tub for a couple hours almost to the point of numbness so I could even touch them. Anyways, after I finished dealing with me feet I went to bed.

Visit the lovely Portugese country