Monday, October 30, 2006

DAY 125

Today I had another big job, thankfully not as bad as the crates but still big. After feeding the tortoises I started on the project. My project today was converting this particular cage from Tea Garden type birds to baby owls. Now this doesn’t seem like it would be that big of a task but it was, more because of the little details and also getting things sometimes meant walking across the entire zoo. This is what I had to do; first I had to look for wire cutters, which took longer than it should of. When I finally found some I went around the whole cage, thankfully not that big of one, and cut the wires holding up the toys, sticks, and logs around the cage. Then I untied the bird feeder, which took a little time since the three knots were tight and they were just above my reach, on a chair. After clearing everything out of the cage I took the toys into the back and the wood to the organic recycling at the far end of the zoo. After which I then raked up the ground and went on a search for nice wooden stumps. I found 4 nice stumps and small logs. I then placed them around the cage with one corner with nothing in it for the carrier that was going to be there for their home. And then found this large red feeder and put some water in it. After lunch and playing with the Tea Garden birds I went to the Cold Room and washed the animals dishes, after which I helped cut up fruit and meat before distributing it throughout the zoo. I got to feed the Spotted Eagle Owls again which was fun. I went back to Guinea Fowl Lodge and did some laundry, and took a nap while my clothes were getting clean.


§§§ PICTURES COMING §§§