Thursday, September 21, 2006

DAY 86

I woke up at the crack of dawn, Enghien-les-Bains was a ghost town, just before I got picked up by my taxi came did even the cleaning crew came out. I got to the train statio right at the same time as the train so I had plenty of time to get all my things situated. The train from Paris to Cahors, France was about 5 or 6 hours, I don't remember, lets just say it was a long time. On the way own I stopped in Limoges, Benedictins, and Brive-la-Gaillarde, which are all in France, for a little bitbefore ending up in Cahors. OK, so I only brought one bag and it wasn't even that haeavy except for some of my riding stuff. But of course the station that I had change trains at DID NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR! I definately got my work out today carrying my 40-something lb. bag and then my "carry-on" which was about 10-15 lbs. it's self from the train to the stairs, down the longest single flight of stairs, under a couple platforms, up the longest single flight of stiars, then across the platform to were my car was. I arrive in Cahors and go to were all the taxis are and show one of them the address of the hotel, he gave me this look that I just asked him to drive me to the moon and back. I thought to myself, aww shit this is going to be a very long and expensive ride. To my, greatful, suprise it was actually just a block down the street and that I could walk to it. Since the people before me checked out late, my room was still being cleaned. So in the meantime I went on to the computer and checked my email, etc... The one and only reason why I am here is to go to this restaurant in Les Arques, but when the lady at the front desk calls the number for me she gets the answering machine saying that they are closed for today. Great I come all the way down here and the only day that I can go to this restaurant, it's closed. W ell I 'm not just going to sit around and do nothing, I go to the front desk and get a tourist map. I saw tourist map, because it is one of those maps that also has the pictures of the monuments and other touristy thing in that town or city and then tell you where on the map they are. I spent the rest of the day touristing around this charming little town in the south of France. Even though I wa only touristing from about 4-5ish till 9-10:30 I had done enough stuff to fill up to days and my feet definatly felt the same as well.

go visit Cahors