Sunday, September 10, 2006

DAY 75

So I finish all my packing and look at all the stuff I have. Well keeping in mind that most of the stuff I'm sending home because it's stuff like my cookbooks from the Ritz, some things that I got in my travels so far, and some clothes that I needed in Europe but don't need know and need get rideof some of the weight in my bags. In the evening I took some pictures of the apartment and 2 of the 3 cats and then took the taxi to Enghien-les-Bains, which is a small city about 30 minutes just NE of Paris. I get to Enghien-les-Bains and the taxi driver sort of finds the place where I'm supposed to go. See the problem was that he could see the street sign that we wanted but we couldn't find the street. We eventually figure out the reason for all this, the street that we were looking for is a service street. Not that my friend lived on a service street, it's just that the only way to get to the front door of the apartment building is by the service street, there is another way, but it is only a foot path. I get all my stuff unloaded and into the apartment have some dinner and hang out with their children and the babysitter till my friend and her husband came home from this wedding they had gone to.