Wednesday, June 28, 2006

DAY 1

AMSTERDAM

Ok, so here's the first day of my newest adventure. Never failing, my trips always start off with something happening. Not always bad, but always something. Well this something started even before I started my trip. Well I had to go copy my passport before my trip and was walking up the path to the printers shop in Vineyard Haven on Martha's Vineyard ( I was staying at my summer house for a little bit before I left). I was not watching were I was going, though I was distracted by Raviv, so it's all his fault :) I walked right into part of the fence the was sticking out and gave my self a big black bruise about the size of a golf ball. The rest of my day went well, catching the ferry, the bus, etc... until I went to check in at the airport. I'm flying Northwest/KLM to Amsterdam, Netherlands, so I ask an airport person were their ticket counter was and I go to the line were they told me. After being in my line for a little while, I find out that the guy who had helped me told me were the domestic line was not international. It didn't get any better after switching to the international line. After the line not moving for about 15-20min. the tell us the the conveyor belt is not working and that we all have to wait till they had fixed it. :( Which of course was followed by a sea of moans and other profainities. Shortly afterwards I was standing at my gate with no real hassels, other then the ticket agent getting really confused when she pulled up my file and saw a huge list of cites ( my entire year plane travel is on 1 ticket), and minus $25 for a heavy bag. The plane ride was actually quite smooth and didn't feel like 7 hrs. Though that's probably due to the fact that i watched 4 movies and then played some PacMan, you know just a thought. After flying over the Maritimes in Canada, Iceland, and then the U.K. I arrived in Amsterdam.